Kolplast was established in 1988 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, by a doctor who was tired of cleaning and sterilizing the vaginal speculums used in his own office.
Over all these years, the company built a very strong brand awareness among gynecologists and nowadays Kolplast is synonymous of Disposable Vaginal Speculum.
Our history, as shown by the milestones below, has an unmistakable thread of innovation.
- 1988: Kolplast launches the first disposable Vaginal Speculum in Brazil;
- 1990: Kolplast entered the proctology market launching disposables Anuscope and Rectosigmoidoscope;
- 1998: Kolplast earns ISO 9002 Quality Certificate for disposable medical devices;
- Kolplast supplies 5 million kits to the 1st National Campaign for Cervical Cancer Prevention promoted by the Brazilian Ministry of Health;
- 1999: Kolplast acquires CE Mark for all its non-sterile products;
- 2001: Kolplast supplies 4 million kits to the 2nd National Campaign for Cervical Cancer Prevention promoted by the Brazilian Ministry of Health;
- 2004: Kolplast becomes the official partner and distributor of Hologic, North American company specialized in items for Woman Heath;
- 2005: Kolplast achieves the following quality certificates:
- Brazilian Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) - RDC 59;
- ISO 13485: 2004 for manufacturing and trading medical devices;
- CE Mark for sterile products;
- 2009: Kolplast launches the revolutionary Kolplux, the first Light System for the disposable Collin Vaginal Speculum;
- 2010: Launch of Kolplast’s Colposcopes line;
- 2014: Launch of Kolplast’s Electronic Medical Devices